JULIEN DAMPURÉ, PhD.
Researcher (Programa Agustín de Betancourt)
Cognitive Psychology Department
University of La Laguna, Spain
Phone: +34 922 317515
- Parafoveal vision
- Eye movements
- Semantic processing
- Visual search
Julien Dampuré obtained his PhD in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Poitiers (France) in 2013, where he studied the attentional processes in visual search for words, under the supervision of Dr. Nicolas Vibert (Dampuré et al., 2012, 2014, 2015 ). In 2014, he was awarded a grant from the General Direction of the Armament (French Ministry of Defense) to lead a post-doctoral project at the University of La Laguna (Spain), under the supervision of Dr. Horacio Barber, whose objective was to specify the conditions in which rapid semantic processing can affect the behavior of exploration. In particular, he implemented for the first time the technique of the Fixation-Related Potentials to the visual search of words. In 2016, he was awarded the Agustín de Betancourt fellowship to study, in collaboration with Dr. David Belin (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom), the mechanisms of attention orientation, inhibition and decision making in healthy population and smokers. Parallel to his research, he participates to the research line "Parafoveal vision in reading" directed by Dr. Horacio Barber (López-Pérez, Dampuré, Hernández-Cabrera, & Barber, 2016).
- Dampuré, J., López-Peréz, P.J., & Barber, H.A. (in press). Meaning-based attentional guidance as a function of foveal and visual working memory loads. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience. DOI: 10.1080/23273798.2018.1484149
- López-Peréz, P.J., Dampuré, J., Hernández-Cabrera, J.A., Barber, H.A. (2016). Semantic parafoveal-on-foveal effects and preview benefits in reading:Evidence from Fixation Related Potentials. Brain and Language, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bandl.2016.07.009
- Dampuré, J., Benraiss, A., & Vibert, N. (2015). Task-dependent modulation of word processing mechanisms during modified visual search tasks. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 69(6):1145-63.
- Dampuré, J., Ros, C., Rouet, J-F., &Vibert, N. (2014). Task-dependent sensitization of perceptual and semantic processing during visual search for words. Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 26(5), 530-549.
- Dampuré, J., Ros, C., Rouet, J-F., &Vibert, N. (2012). How word familiarity facilitates visual search for verbal material. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 26(2), 271-288.
- Dampuré, J., Brennand, E. G. G., Borges, L. L., Tavares, T. A., Anderson, A. C., Oliveira, F. S., & Lemos, G. L. S. F. (2011). Ambiente de aprendizagem Edulivre : resultados de inspeção ergonômica. In E. G. G., Brennand & Albuquerque, M. E. B. C. (Eds.), Formação docente e tecnologias digitais (pp. 17-29). João Pessoa, Brasil: Editoria da UFPB.
Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute (BCNI): https://www.bcni.psychol.cam.ac.uk
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition et l'Apprentissage (CeRCA): http://cerca.labo.univ-poitiers.fr